National Night Out 2018 is on Tuesday, August 7th here at St. Thomas’ on the lower parking lot.
National Night Out is an outdoor festival that promotes police and community partnerships. St. Thomas’ is hosting this event in honor of Baltimore County Police Precinct 7 (Cockeysville). Volunteers are needed to make this event a success once again.
- Distribution of Marketing Materials – Flyers and brochures will be made available for all volunteers to distribute in the community. We need everyone to help spread the word about this event.
- Obtaining Monetary Donations – A community outreach letter will be provided that can be sent or hand delivered to each company/person who might contribute. A list of corporations that were contacted in 2017, and did not make a donation will be provided.
- Securing Community Vendors – We are looking for vendors from the community of the health and safety variety, in addition to crafts and nonprofit organizations. A list of suggested vendors will be available to use a guide.
- Securing Games – NNO is an event that really speaks to our youth, and helps bridge the gap between police and community. We are looking for games and prizes for ages 1-14.
- Obtaining Raffle Items – Volunteers are needed to obtain items to be raffled at NNO from various business, and/or independent donations.
- SetUp/CleanUp Crew – We need a minimum of 15 able volunteers to arrive at the church on the day of the event at 4pm to help setup tables and to decorate the lower parking lot. We will need at least 10 volunteers to work through the event managing guests, games and raffles. All hands are needed to cleanup.
- St. Thomas’ Welcome Table – We are looking for two people to work the St. Thomas’ Welcome table together or in shifts.
Contact the church office if you are interested in volunteering: 410.821.5489 or StThomasTowson@gmail.com.