It’s that time of year when we we share our abundance with those in need by providing Thanksgiving Baskets to ACTC (Assistance Center of Towson Churches), which will provide meals to over 2,000 needy families in Baltimore County and City this Thanksgiving. Here is a list of the food needed in each basket:
- 1 can sweet potatoes/yams (23-29 oz. can)
- 2 cans meat/main dish (example: beef stew or chili – 15-24 oz. cans)
- 1 large can fruit (20-30 oz. can)
- 4 cans vegetables (example: green beans, peas or corn – 15 oz. cans)
- 1 cranberry sauce
- 2 pkgs. macaroni & cheese
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes (13 oz.)
- 1 cake or brownie mix
- 1 bag or box of stuffing mix
- 1 lb. bag or box of rice
You also have the opportunity to purchase pre-packed Thanksgiving Bags from these area supermarkets:
- Giant Supermarket (across from Timonium fairgrounds)
- Giant Supermarket (across from Drumcastle Center)
- Giant Supermarket (Loch Raven & Goucher)
- ShopRite (Timonium)
For those that would like someone else to do the shopping for you or to purchase turkeys, please place your monetary donation in the designated can in the Narthex. Checks should be made payable to St. Thomas’ Church. All donations must be at church in the Bride’s Room by Sunday, November 17th.
Tips for Packing:
- Pack large cans on bottom & lighter items on top
- If possible, use a reusable grocery bag or a double brown grocery bag inserted in a double plastic bag.
- Mark bags as COMPLETE or INCOMPLETE (list what is missing).
- Please do not put money or gift cards in bags.
Questions? Contact Diane Flayhart, 410-426-4618, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your generous support for those in our community.