This year’s acolyte and youth recognition includes:
First year: Jason Kaff
Second year: Jackson Brooks, Sarah Daniels
Third year: Jonathan Brooks, Grace Brooks, Timothy Brooks
Fourth year: Nicole Kaff
Fifth year (Senior Acolyte Status): Ryan Jemellaro
Sixth year (Senior Acolyte Status): Hannah Daniels, Jarrett Zarubaiko
Eighth year: (Senior Acolyte Status) Kevin Zarubaiko
Meritorious Service: Ryan Froeb.
- For completion of his first year of service, Jason Kaff will receive a White cord and cross.
- For completion of two years of service, Jackson Brooks and Sarah Daniels will receive Green cords.
- For completion of three years of service, Jonathan Brooks, Grace Brooks and Timothy Brooks will receive Blue cords.
- For completion of four years of service, Nicole Kaff will receive a Purple cord.
- Hannah Daniels and Jarrett Zarubaiko earned their red cords and Senior Acolyte status in 2017 and Kevin Zarubaiko, who earned his red cord and Senior Acolyte status in 2015, will receive certificates of recognition for their years of service.
- Personal silver crosses are awarded to graduating senior acolytes. We have one graduating senior in the class of 2018, Nicole Kaff.
- Recognition is given to two young people who have served with distinction as lay readers: Nicole Kaff and Jason Kaff. Nicole also serves as an acolyte.
- Recognition is also given to Kevin Zarubaiko, who completed training for Altar service and served in that
capacity and as an Acolyte when requested during the past year.
- Special thanks to Ryan Froeb for his continuing faithful service. Ryan received his silver cross 22 years ago.
It should be noted that acolytes do not need to “retire” upon graduation from high school. Once an acolyte, always an acolyte!
We always welcome the participation of both youth and adult acolytes. Youth need to be at least nine years old or in the fourth grade to serve. There is always a need for additional acolytes and readers. Additionally, it is hoped that additional youngsters might be interested in serving as ushers, greeters, readers, or element bearers at our monthly youth-oriented service.
Please contact George Gaylor to inquire about any of these ministries.