It’s that time of year when we we share our abundance with those in need for Thanksgiving by providing Thanksgiving Baskets to ACTC (Assistance Center of Towson Churches). Here is a list of the food needed in each basket:
- 1 can sweet potatoes/yams (23-29 oz. can)
- 2 cans meat/main dish (example: beef stew or chili – 15-24 oz. cans)
- 1 large can fruit (20-30 oz. can)
- 4 cans vegetables (example: green beans, peas or corn – 15 oz. cans)
- 1 cranberry sauce
- 2 pkgs. macaroni & cheese
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cake or brownie mix
- 1 bag or box of stuffing mix
- 1 lb. bag or box of rice
You also have the opportunity to purchase pre-packed Thanksgiving Bags from these supermarkets in the area for $24 (or less, depending on what’s on sale that week) beginning November 1:
- Giant Supermarket (across from Timonium fairgrounds)
2145 York Road, Timonium, 21093 (410-308-3868)
- Giant Supermarket (across from Drumcastle Center) 6340 York Road, Baltimore, 21212 (410-377-2673)
- ShopRite (Timonium)
37 Aylesbury Road, Timonium, 21093 (410-308-8700)
More information is available on the ACTC website.
For those that would like someone else to do the shopping for you or to purchase turkeys, please place your monetary donation in the designated can in the Narthex. Checks should be made payable to St. Thomas’ Church. All donations must be at church in the Bride’s Room by Sunday, November 12th.
Tips for Packing:
- Pack large cans on bottom & lighter items on top
- If possible, use a reusable grocery bag or a double brown grocery bag inserted in a double plastic bag.
- Mark bags as COMPLETE or INCOMPLETE (list what is missing).
- Please do not put money or gift cards in bags.
Questions? Contact Diane Flayhart, 410-426-4618, or email@example.com. Thank you for your generous support for those in our community.